Are you batty enough to join our small but mighty team? We hope so! BatBnB is looking to hire a Social Media Coordinator as we expand our small business and proceed on our mission of helping misunderstood animals like bats.Please express your interest using the contact form on this page.
We are looking for someone who is excited about our mission to help save the bats! As BatBnB’s Social Media Coordinator, you’ll play a critical role in developing BatBnB’s brand voice and cultivating our online community of bat lovers. Your role will include designing and developing daily educational and sales content for social media platforms including: Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and LinkedIn. We are also looking for someone to lead our efforts onto additional platforms like Reddit and Tik Tok. As BatBnB’s Social Media Coordinator, you’ll also be in charge of analyzing post performance, launching social media campaigns, and engaging with the community by answering batty questions. Here is a non-exhaustive list of some of the things you may find yourself working on:
- Create professional and aesthetic social media posts by using Canva, Adobe Design Suite, or other graphic design platforms
- Write fun and persuasive captions and document great stories
- Establish and execute on a comprehensive Content Calendar
- Analyze hashtag and post performance success, report growth metrics to leadership
- Respond in a timely manner to all social media comments and message, and aim to delight our users
- Launch creative social media campaigns and competitions to drive engagement
- Create short videos for TikTok and other channels to educate and acquire new followers
- Support and manage customer support efforts across channels
Who We’re Looking for:
We are looking for someone who is a self-starter and can be fiercely independent. The BatBnB team works largely remotely and relies on each team member to own their aspect of the business. You can expect to have a great deal of autonomy in this role, and we are looking for someone who is creative and entrepreneurial and excited to bring their own ideas to the table. Here are some of the skills and qualifications you might have:
- Extensive experience using Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, TikTok, and Reddit
- Skills in Graphic Design
- Excellent written and verbal communication, receptive to feedback
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Entrepreneurial and self-starter mindset; highly independent, organized, and autonomous
- Enthusiasm to teach people about the importance of bats
Bonus Points for:
- Experience working with a remote team, willing to learn and eager to grow
- Experience with copywriting and creating fun captions
- Familiarity with Canva, Hootsuite, & Facebook Business Suite
- Familiarity with Adobe Design Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability in running social media business pages and channel growth
- Experience with customer service or building online communities
BatBnB is a small business founded by Christopher Rannefors and Harrison Broadhurst who were recently named to Forbes 30 Under 30 for 2020. In founding BatBnB, a line of designer bat houses, we have provided safe homes to over 500,000 bats in order to help raise their pups and regrow the population at a time when bats have been declining by the tens of millions due to white nose syndrome and habitat loss. A common bat can actually eat up to 1000 mosquito-size insects an hour making them one of nature’s greatest forms of natural pest control and a preferable alternative to harmful pesticides.
Through earned media appearances on Shark Tank, Entrepreneur, CBS’s Innovation Nation, NPR, Fast Company and more, we have educated millions of people towards a newfound respect for this animal. Without this sort of momentum in education, bat species will continue to tumble down the path of endangerment. Our mission is to make bat conservation as powerful as the save-the-bees movement. Additionally, by focusing on designing products that play off the concept of symbiosis and mutual, tangible benefits between people and wildlife, we welcome a broader demographic to participate in conservation in a meaningful way. We are proud to share that thousands of customers now own BatBnBs across 49 states and twelve countries.
Point Line Plane LLC [BatBnB] provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.